The Metanoia Center is delighted to sponsor the Grief Journeys Seminar presented by Don Stowell.
There are many different kinds of grieving. From the death of a loved one, the loss of close friends, or a job, a still-born birth, the news of a disease, infertility and moving from a community to a new community.
This seminar is designed to help you through the grieving process and also to help you guide others who are grieving.
Grieving is natural and acceptable, as the Bible clearly shows. As we journey together, we will find strength in the Lord. If you are greiving this will help you to cope just a little bit more. It will also equip you to help others who are in the grieving process.
- Why do we grieve?
- Well intentioned (but wrong) things people say to try to comfort others.
- What does God say about grief?
- The emotions of grief.
- Asking God tough questions.
This seminar also covers other general areas and includes lots of opportunity for open discussion with questions and answer periods.
All participants attending the seminar will receive:
- A participants notebook.
- A copy of Helping You Through the Death of a Loved One by Don Stowell.
Who Would Benefit From This Seminar
- Pastors and church leaders who care for their congregations.
- Professionals such as doctors, nurses and other care givers.
- Adult children with aging parents.
- Civic leaders.
- First responders.
- Counselors, lay counselors and social workers.
- Non-profit leaders and volunteers.
- When: Saturday, September 28th 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Lunch: to be determined
- Location: Lockland Recreation Hall, 101 N. Copper, Lockland, OH. The hall is located in the back of the parking area by the Police Department. There is parking in this area, as well as public parking just down the street on N. Cooper. Some on-street parking may also be available.
- Cost: $20.00 per participant, $30.00 for a married couple.
- Presented By: Don Stowell
- Sponsored By: Metanoia Center
Download, by clicking the below button, the seminar poster brochure for printing, emailing and general distribution to promote this seminar to all of yoru contacts.Download Brochure
About Don Stowell
Don A. Stowell has been in the preaching ministry full-time since 1981. In those years he has perofmed over 1000 funerals. Along with counseling families during their greiving, he has also met with others to help them through other difficult times. Don brings experience, knowledge, compassion, understanding and a genuine caring heart for others as the leader of this seminar.
Don is the minister at Lockland Christian Church in Lockland, Ohio and is the author of Helping You Through the Death of a Loved One.