For He will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death. He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious is their blood in his sight. Psalm 72:12-14 NIV
Summer 2019 Activities
- Wholistic Ministry in an Urban Setting – A Friday evening through Saturday training activity hosted by Lockland-Reading Presbyterian Church. August 10 – 11. Registration is closed.
- August 20th – candidates for the Metanoia Center Board meet to be elected and review and accept bylaws.
- August 23rd – “Boots on the Ground” Prayer Station night in Lockland. Contact us for details on participating.
Fall 2019 Course Offerings
- Faith & Finances Financial Literacy – A Faith & Finances class unites people from varied financial backgrounds who explore together money management skills and biblical stewardship principles. Designed specifically for low-income adults, Faith & Finances addresses the challenges the materially poor face and helps them rediscover their God-given dignity. Course Length: 13 weeks, Course Fee: $15 includes workbook, Class Size: maximum of 20 participants. Click the button below for dates, details and registration.
- Coming soon, one-on-one or small group Windows Computer Training as an Adult Education Course offered at Lockland High School.
Welcome to the Metanoia Center
The mission of the Metanoia Center is to transform individuals, households, neighborhoods, and communities by sharing the life-giving message of Jesus Christ while providing training and education opportunities to individuals.
We do so by using a strategy called “CHE”. CHE, Community Health Evangelism, is a proven ministry strategy that seamlessly integrates evangelism, discipleship, and church planting with community health and development. CHE is a wholistic approach, addressing social, mental, physical, emotional and spiritual needs of individuals. Through CHE ministries, people become followers of Jesus, and whole communities are lifted out of cycles of poverty and disease.
Poverty Causes and Elimination
Dr. Barry Asmus and Dr. Wayne Grudem speak about poverty on a national level – countries. The principles he shares on the national level also apply to the neighborhood and individual level. Have a listen!
Dr. Barry Asmus – Dealing with Causes of Poverty
Dr. Wayne Grudem – Dealing with Causes of Poverty